Skip to main content

'Crazy' suspect gets bail

A 50 year old Palapye man who was shot by the police last week in Serorome ward for allegedly firing a pellet gun at the cops has denied the accusation and claims they are building their own defense.

Self employed Sakie Seanego reportedly had a dramatic fire exchange with the police on the 06 July when they had gone to arrest him for threatening to kill his lover. The police claim Seanego acted like he was crazy hurling stones and shooting a pellet gun at them, but allowed him bail before he even had a chance to ask for it.

Seanego said to have threatened his girlfriend saying: “I’ll kill you and throw you in Bonwakathako dam.” He is further accused of damaging the police Landcruiser and resisting arrest.

Inspector Ditsapelo Emmanuel offered Seanego bail on condition that he does not make physical contact with the complainant nor interfere with witnesses. He further told Magistrate Gofaone Mosweu that they were still waiting for Seanego’s psychiatric report from Lobatse, which took the magistrate aback.

She asked the Inspector why they took the accused for mental evaluation and he said because he had been shot on the head and was acting like he was insane. “They suspected he might be mentally disorganized,” stated Emmanuel. “You say he was acting insane and firing a pellet gun at the police; I can imagine a nasty scenario unfolding. What am I missing?” the magistrate asked.

His head still wrapped in bandages, Seanego denied being nuts. “I’m normal. We just had a misunderstanding with my woman because she cheated on me but we are okay. We even met this morning and we did not fight. I will not utter any threats,” he stated and further accused police of denying him a chance to take medication.

Though she said she had no problem with Seanego getting bail, Mosweu made a ruling for the complainant to state whether she would feel safe if he was set free. The case continues.

Comments

  1. Hey everyone sorry I have been away for so long but so much has been going on and no time to post. I moved to New Orleans the first week of July and my feet hit the ground running. I have been working on my old house in Florida for the last few weeks and I am exhausted after successfully getting a loan from Mr Pedro and his loan firm at 3% rate to help finish my house ! So no time to work out, no time to eat right etc.....I so want my life back and I am so proud of what Mr Pedro did to me by helping me with a loan. I am going to leave Mr Pedro email here so anyone looking for a loan can contact Mr Pedro on ...pedroloanss@gmail.com or whatsapp text...+18632310632. Hopefully I can get my life back on track. Miss you guys hope to back on soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Post

Barloworld Motor unveil Jaguar XJ

Barloworld Motor unleashed the Jaguar XJ yesterday and I was there capturing it all. People came, ate, drank and feasted their eyes on the beast of a car. I don't know how to identify a car as beautiful or handsome, but it is one of those. Dealer Principal, Mark Africa said style meets performance and I have to say I agree with him entirely. However, if I was the designer, I would have given the tail(butt) a different design. One that impressed me is the media player of this car which shows the driver only the controls while the passenger can watches a video- inteligent

AT and T Monnakgotla partner with South African Tourism

Botswana family open third Barcelos joint

Rail Park Mall’s Food Court got a boost on Saturday as Bobonong couple owned Barcelos opened doors to the third outlet. Taking guests on a journey that led to the opening of the third store Gaothobogwe Radikwata, Managing Director and mother of two said it wasn’t an easy road. “You may see us smiling but you don’t know what we went through,” she said and encouraged Batswana to start their own businesses. Barcelos representative Shaun Stoltz said in 1998 they embarked on an adventure which resulted in 103 outlets in 14 countries serving one million meals a month. Before cutting the ribbon to let invited guests feast on the flame grilled Portuguese menu Vice President , Honorable Ponatshego Kedikilwe said the opening of the shop was a testimony to growing participation by citizens in the country’s economy . In 2009 two Batswana couples formed a company, LEX Investments (PTY) LTD to purchase from their savings, and run Barcelos African Mall and Mogoditshane, but last year the other family